Industrial Mechanic - Burlington, ON
Our client, a leading manufacturer industrial equipment, is looking for an experienced Industrial Mechanic to join their team.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this is a full-time, Monday to Friday daytime shift at the Burlington, ON facility.
- Read and interpret complex drawings and work instructions
- Complete high tolerance fitting operations including balancing, levelling, aligning motors, bearings, shafts, impellers and cases
- Bending, fitting, tack welding and testing complex piping and tubing configurations
- Detect potential problems in fit and function, and work with design engineering to implement corrections
- Set up motor systems along with valves and associated test controls to assist Test Technician in the recording of all required data from instrumentation during testing
- Completion of recognized apprenticeship of Industrial Mechanic/Millwright, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in the building, repair and/or maintenance of rotating equipment including compressors, turbines, and other process equipment including heat exchangers and condensers.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow complex engineering drawings including understanding of geometric tolerances, fit/function requirements and industry specifications
- Knowledge of additional processes including welding, soldering, brazing and basic machining
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with other trades and engineering staff to resolve issues
- Knowledge of basic computer software, such as Microsoft Windows Office
Our client offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefit plan that is 100% company paid and a company matched RRSP! If you’re interested in exploring this fantastic opportunity, please forward your resume immediately for consideration.