Bill 132 is coming September 8th
Are You Ready?
Bill 132 makes amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, which places additional duties on Â Employers to ensure a safe workplace.
Employers will be obligated to develop a plan, implement policies and procedures to measure, assess and reduce the risk of workplace violence and harassment.
The requirements under the Â Act are extensive, and will require a concerted effort to ensure compliance.
Get it wrong, and Employers could face significant hardships, in the form ofÂ fines*or worse.Â
We Can Help
With a complete, cost-effective Action Plan
- We will write the required policy for you, and combine workplace harassment and violence prevention policies and programs into one â€œrespectful workplaceâ€ policy
- Work with your Health and Safety Representative and assist with developing the required program
- Create the required communication plan, including all written documents and information posters
- Provide a 1-800 number, and be your third party reporting mechanism
- Provide onsite & offsite training and online e-learning on workplace investigations
- Conduct confidential and respectful investigations when incidents occur
The need for better policies, procedures and communicationÂ for workplace violence and harassment has never been more urgent.